Help Prevent Crawl Space Moisture Damage
Vapor Barriers, Doors, Vents, Sand Installation, Sump Pumps, and French Drains
A vapor barrier is a plastic liner installed over the soil inside a crawl space. Its purpose is to stop moisture in the soil from evaporating and collecting inside the crawl space. The absence of a vapor barrier will normally cause fungal / mold growth and higher than average moisture content.
A properly installed vapor barrier:
- will cover as close to 100% of the ground as possible
- will be stapled to the floor to prevent moving during routine maintenance
- will overlap at the seams to ensure continuous coverage
- will have a minimum thickness of 6 mil
There are various levels of customization for vapor barriers. They can range from 4 mil to 20 mil thick and seams can be taped together. Color choices are black, white, and clear. Vapor barrier pricing starts at about $400.
Crawl Space Doors and Vents:
Over time, the original doors and vents that lead to your crawl space can become broken. Broken crawl space vents and doors can allow pest entry which could lead to other damage or infestation. There are many options for replacement including on-site custom built and manufactured. Many colors and material choices are available.
French drains re-direct water from the perimeter of the home. This service will install an underground pipe that can be 4-6″ in diameter and about 1 foot in depth. The french drain will be covered with a material to prevent clogging and the soil is returned on top. Your new french drain will begin moving 1000′s of gallons of water every time it rains from near the house to the edge of your property line. Essential for homes where rainwater is filling the crawl space regularly. French drain installations usually start around $1500 and vary greatly based on the length needed for your home.
Crawl Space Sand Installation:
Crawl spaces where the inside ground level is lower than the outdoor level will take on large amounts of water from rain. HomePro has developed a unique system of installing sand in the crawl space. Our service:
- Protect your lawn by using no heavy equipment.
- Will use walk boards to prevent trampling of the grass.
- Raise the grade of the home as much as required to be above the outdoor level.
- Uses only quality sifted sand. No cheap, trash-filled sand is ever installed.
- Is performed by HomePro employees; no sub-contractors.
Prices are based on weight and range from $120-$200 per ton. Your consultant will calculate the amount needed for your home.